Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2021 open for applications
Posted by IGS
The Hon. Desmond Guinness (1931-2020)
The Desmond Guinness Scholarship is awarded annually by the Irish Georgian Society to an applicant or applicants engaged in research on the visual arts of Ireland including the work of Irish architects, artists and craftsmen, material culture and design history, 1600-1940. Preference will be given to work based on original documentary research.
The Scholarship is intended primarily for applicants who are not yet established at an advanced professional level in research or publication of the visual arts.
The Scholarship does not have to be awarded in any one year, and the decision of the assessors, appointed by the Irish Georgian Society, is final. The total value of the scholarship fund available for distribution is in the region of €2,000. The award will be made before the end of December 2021.
Deadline for applications extended to 2PM on Monday 6th December.
Please note the following:
- Applications must be made online through this form: https://forms.gle/3ZC2dDHSgUTi...
- No additional information or any other accompanying material will be accepted.
- All questions must be answered and incomplete applications will not be considered. Late applications will not be accepted.
- The Scholarship will not cover tuition fees.
- A confidential reference supporting the applicant (with subject heading 'Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2021 Reference) should be sent via email to email@example.com. This emailed reference must be received directly from the reference provider's own email address (not the applicant's) and arrive by the closing date.
If you have any further queries about the scholarship please contact:
Emmeline Henderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phoning 01 679 8675.