Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2020 open for applications
Posted by IGS
The Hon. Desmond Guinness (1931-2020)
The Desmond Guinness Scholarship is awarded annually by the Irish Georgian Society to an applicant or applicants engaged in research on the visual arts of Ireland including the work of Irish architects, artists and craftsmen, material culture and design history, 1600-1940. Preference will be given to work based on original documentary research.
The Scholarship is intended primarily for applicants who are not yet established at an advanced professional level in research or publication of the visual arts.
The Scholarship does not have to be awarded in any one year, and the decision of the assessors, appointed by the Irish Georgian Society, is final. The total value of the scholarship fund available for distribution is in the region of €2,000.The award will be made before the end of December 2020.
Applications must be submitted by 2pm, Monday 30 November 2020.
Please note the following:
- Applications must be made online through this form: http://bit.ly/DGscholarship202...
- No additional information or any other accompanying material will be accepted.
- All questions must be answered and incomplete applications will not be considered. Late applications will not be accepted.
- The Scholarship will not cover tuition fees.
- A confidential, signed reference supporting the application must be sent separately by post by the closing date to the following address: Desmond Guinness Scholarship, Irish Georgian Society, City Assembly House, 58 South William Street, Dublin 2
If you have any further queries about the scholarship please contact:
Zoё Coleman (email@example.com) or by phoning 01 679 8675.