Detached three-bay two-storey former courthouse, built c. 1830, with flanking recessed single-storey entrance bays. Hipped slated roof with rendered chimney stacks to rear. Tooled course cut stone façade. Giant order pilasters to façade with string course, cornice and round-headed recessed blind doorways, end bays having fan light.
The Boyle Courthouse was designed by the architect Samuel Jackson and built c. 1830 at a cost of £800. It served as a venue for sittings of the petty and Quarter Sessions and sittings of the Districts and Circuit Courts following independence.
Brief Description of Project:
The Society granted €3,000 for roof repairs of the Courthouse.