Detached five-bay two-storey over basement former mansion, built 1804, now in occasional use as a clubhouse for the golf course. It is to designs by architect John Carr of York. The house is finished with lined render with ashlar granite dressings. To the south front elevation there is a pedimented three-bay breakfront with a carved heraldic shield to the tympanum. To the west and rear there is a later service wing and a range of out buildings. The part-glazed front door has a radial fanlight and is set within a flat-headed opening. It is framed with two free-standing Tuscan order columns, which support a wide pediment. Window openings are flat-headed with six-over-six-timber sash frames; louvred external shutters were added c.1970. The hipped roof is finished with natural slate and cast-iron rainwater goods. The chimney stacks are rendered with corbelled caps and clay pots. The house is set within a large well-wooded demesne, part of which is now in use as a golf course.
Brief description of project:
The Society pledged €5,000 for repairs to part slate roof and lead lined paraet gutter over the main access stairwell.