Detached five-bay single-storey over basement and with dormer attic house, built c.1750, having flanking two-storey towers to end bays.Pitched and half-hipped roofed blocks to rear. Recent flat roof extension to rear of southern tower. Pitched slate and corrugated-iron roofs having stone chimneystacks and cast-iron rainwater goods. Pitched roofed dormer with timber bargeboards and finial. Stone parapets with slate coping to towers, with some crenellations. Rubble stone and red brick construction having rendered walls to main block and slate hanging to flanking towers. Square-headed openings with six-over-six timber sliding sash windows and stone sills, having later shutter additions. Pointed arch openings to towers, having paired timber lancets, some openings now blocked. Square-headed door opening having carved limestone door surround, with keystone and consoles supporting cornice. Timber panelled door with tripartite overlight. Limestone threshold leading to door. Rubble stone built courtyard to rear containing historic and recent outbuildings.
Brief Description of Project:
The Society pledged €10,000 to conserve the roof structure by replacing the rotten trusses and rafters. Also, replacing bitumen coated slates and galvanised sheeting with appropriate natural slates and clay ridges over breathable felt.