Scots' Church is a three bay church hall completed by the architect Thomas Alfred Cobden in 1818. Its compact form and simple design is articulated by a font elevation of classical composition.
The foundation stone for Scots' Church was laid by Mr. C. Butler, sovereign of the town of Carlow, on the 18th June, 1818 and completed by September 1818. The church was opened for worship by the Rev. James Homer of Dublin on the 12th September, 1819. The first minister, the Rev. James Morgan, was ordained for Carlow on the 21st June, 1820. Scots' Church has continued to function as a Presbyterian meeting house since then.
Brief Description of Project:
The Society pledged €5,000 for emergency roof repairs to the church.