St Michael's Church is a Hall type structure with Bell Tower, Spire and pinnacles. The external walls are finished in a combination of stonework and lined rough cast (harling finished) lime render. The front boundary is constructed of iron gates with railings on a stone plinth. The Church was built in 1821 by the Pollard family who founded the original settlement which has now become Castlepollard. It is a perfect example of a Georgian Town Church and the focal point of the Georgian Square at the centre of Castlepollard.
Brief Description of Project:
The Society pledged €2,000 to refurbish the two Gothic sash windows at the East end of the church are to be refurbished.