Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2018 open for applications
Posted by IGS
Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2018
The Desmond Guinness Scholarship is awarded annually by the Irish Georgian Society to an applicant or applicants engaged in research on the visual arts of Ireland including the work of Irish architects, artists and craftsmen at home and abroad, 1600-1900.
Preference will be given to work based on original documentary research. The Scholarship is intended primarily for applicants who are not yet established at an advanced professional level in research or publication of the visual arts. From 2015, the Scholarship has been supported by members of the Society's London Chapter.
The Scholarship does not have to be awarded in any one year, and the decision of the assessors, appointed by the Irish Georgian Society, is final.
The total value of the scholarship fund available for distribution is in the region of €1,000.
Application forms must be submitted online by 2.00pm, Monday 29 October 2018.
Please note the following:
- Applications must be made online through this form: http://bit.ly/DGSapp2018
- No additional information or any other accompanying material will be accepted.
- All questions must be answered and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The Scholarship will not cover tuition fees.
- A confidential reference supporting the application must be sent separately by post by the closing date to the following address: Desmond Guinness Scholarship, Irish Georgian Society, City Assembly House, 58 South William Street, Dublin 2
- Completed applications must be submitted online, late applications will not be accepted.