The Irish Georgian Society is recruiting a City Assembly House & Communications Coordinator to manage events in its headquarters, the City Assembly House, and to administer communications and publicity for the organisation.
The City Assembly House & Communications Coordinator will:
- Manage events in the City Assembly House (CAH), oversee its presentation, and promote it as a venue for commercial lettings.
- Devise & deliver PR strategies for the Irish Georgian Society’s conservation and education activities.
Main duties and responsibilities
Duties of the role will include but will not be limited to:
City Assembly House roles
- Coordinate delivery of the CAH cultural events programme with the CAH & Exhibitions Committee.
- Liaise with relevant IGS staff and/or committees in their delivery of IGS events in the CAH
- Manage promotion and letting of spaces in the CAH for commercial events
- Coordinate rostering of invigilators when required for exhibitions and lettings
- Manage CAH calendar
- Work with relevant IGS staff and/or committees in devising and delivering PR strategies for the Society’s conservation and education activities
- Manage the Society’s website, social media accounts and digital newsletters to ensure they fully report on the organisation’s activities
- Coordinate publication of the annual members’ magazine, IGS Review, and of the IGS Annual Report
- Coordinate an annual events calendar for the Irish Georgian Society to include objectives set out in PR strategies
- Secretary of CAH & Exhibitions Committee
- Health & Safety Officer for the IGS
- At least three years relevant experience in marketing/PR
- Competence in website and social media management
- Knowledge of office software, internet, and IT systems
- Budget management and financial literacy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Third level degree in History of Art or related subjects
- Health & safety qualification
- Ability to work independently without close oversight, but also a team player
The CAH & Communications Coordinator will report to the Executive Director who shall determine the limits of their authority.
Applications must be made through: https://tinyurl.com/423txy7b